
After a day of checking out caracas we were ready to get to the mountains. We got stuck in traffic for a while, saw caracas from above and ate alot of cheese. We stayed at Luar´s mother´s house(Marbella). She is really nice and VERY worried about us. After some coffee and a nice dinner, we took a nice night bus, but it was so cold that we could see our breath. Seriously, U could see your breath for 12 hours!!! And it was like 70 degrees outside. Everyone else on the bus was prepared with hats, large gloves, winter coats, and blankets. WE ended in Merida where we found a nice hotel and some good food.
This morning, Justin´s birthday (Happy Birthday), we went on a really amazing canyoning trip where we had to repel down a bunch of waterfalls, jump some cliffs and play in some dangerous territory. Dad said that it was the most fun he has had in a LONG time. I do believe it may be the first tour in which all the Oestrike were satisfied and could even go again. We started to work on our tans and have plans to go hiking tomorrow after a ride on the biggest cable car on the planet. Talk to you soon!! Happy Hanakah!!!
4 comments:
G'day Oestrike's,
Very happy to hear you are all well, exploring canyons and waterfalls, eating cheese and meeting more mother hen Venezuelans.
Happy birthday Hewitt, hello to Sheshers and Mert, (if you're reading this I owe you a phone card)
Not so much happening Down Under other than the cricket and half the country being on fire...
Love to you all, my door is always open, so swing by sometime...
Ads
Hey Oestrike's B Uncle Mert says Make sure you say hi to Hugo!!!!
That really does sound like fun repeling down water falls. Happy birthday Justin. I made potatoe Latkaes for dinner tonight ( a treat for Hanuakka. NO worries Adam on the phone card Katie and I will use yours when we come. What a fun time Hank I'm telling Mum on you !!!!!
Please be careful and stay warm.
Hy Oestrike's, I hope that you have enjoyed your sight of the Pico Bolivar.
Hey Oestrikes, you guys rule! You are an inspiration to us couch dwellers! I love telling your stories to my peeps. Keep it real!
Peace out and word....Heather B
Post a Comment