Hey everyone. We just arrived in St Andrews for the British Open. We had a great first few days in North Berwick, where we did lots of shopping and history tours. We still havent gotten Sarah's school work in the mail, so we have been trying to just learn about Scotland. We were right on the beach, and i was able to go for some great runs in the cold. It is really nice to have a break from summer, but today it was probably under 60.
Today we left N Berwick and found a really great castle on the beach from the 1500's, but there were no walls and it was really rainy and windy. From there we went to a ghost tour in Edinburgh. Back in the 1800's after one of the big plagues in Edinburgh they sealed off the old city and built a new one on top of it. In the meantime they trapped 1000's of people under in the old city, so it is believed to be very haunted. I didnt really get the feeling but it is was really interesting.
St Andrews seems to be a nice place so far. Sarah and I will probably go to the Open for one day and Pat and Susan will go for the next 3 days. We are here for Tiger Wood's charity so hopefully we will be meeting him while we are here. I will let you know if that happens.
Talk to you all soon. Maybe not actually, what if i become obsessed with Harry Potter.
5 comments:
Lucky girl at the british open. again I'm Jealous. I love Haunted very cool. What out for the wokies. love Aunt She
It's Harry, Harry Potter.
Hi Kt... Sounds like you are having lots of fun in Scotland. I hope you get to meet Tiger. I was in a bookstore yesterday (which was Thursday) and I heard a lady who worked there whispering in the phone to her friend saying "the eagle has landed". She was talking about their shipment of Harry Potter books. I thought, if only Pam and Katie were here, they would have attacked her!!! Anyways, I hope your journey continues to be a great one. Later chica.
Hello Katie, I am jealous also. I am glad that you are having a good time with the Sarah and her family. We miss you. love mindy
HARRY POTTER!!!
~RRR
Post a Comment