Monday, January 01, 2007

Straw People

Happy New Year to everyone, it feels good to be in 2007. We have been in Quito for the last couple of days and are getting ready to leave for the mountains this afternoon. Last night was kind of a momentous occasion Brian and I actaually stayed up past 10:30, be we did have to take a nap at 10. Our hotel has a balcony that looked over the main street where the whole town walked back and worth, including the president of ecuador.
Ricky came in about 11 and we drank some beers while people on the streets lit straw people on fire. It had something to do with burning the bad luck away with the new year. I think it just seeemed a little morbid. Then we ended up in an incredibly cheesey club filled with tons of gringos, but it was still fun for new years.
We should be back on Wed or Thursday from climbing cayambe. We will put on some photos when we get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Katie & B sorry I missed your called. I'm really bummed about that. We were in Phx for New years. Sharon say's make sure Katie has shoes. We had a little champange so that was funnie.I'm glad your having a great time. careful climbing. love you sheshers.